Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Arcade Cabinet
07-10-2011, 05:52 PM
RE: Arcade Cabinet
Kingston 2GB microSD is now $5.49 shipped at Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000OLD...os_product
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-11-2011, 11:41 AM
I update the code posted at http://www.nuprometheus.com/pinball/TRON/TRON.4dg . The map icons are in (although probably out of order, since I move the games around depending on what I'm testing) and the MCP game is pretty much there. Now I just need to fit the bulk of the IO Tower game and a lot of bug fixes into the 560 bytes I have left... Hmm.
07-11-2011, 04:14 PM
By the way, I played a Tron Pro at CAX this weekend for the first time. I have high hopes for fitting the uLCD-144 into the Stern cabinet.

As for the flasher, what about drilling a hole in the top and just poking it through the top? It's not authentic, but it would certainly work and might look cool with a UV or blue bulb.
07-21-2011, 06:25 PM
Hey guys. Got my Tron LE in and been playing it. Trying to get Stern to fix a big bug I found so I haven't been messing with any mods. HOw is this mod coming along?
Any plans to sell complete Target Tron Cabs with uOLEDs screens fitted to them?
07-22-2011, 10:15 PM
I don't have the time to make/sell a bunch of those but I do plan to make a guide one of these days. I'm basically still waiting for my LE to arrive (what's the bug you found?), and generally hoping to fit the larger 128x128 screen into the stock cabinet, making the Target model kind of irrelevant (besides the cool joystick). We'll see. It's supposed to ship next week. Maybe Eli will have his attract mode finished around the same timeframe?...
07-23-2011, 07:39 AM
(07-22-2011 10:15 PM)Tilt Wrote:  I don't have the time to make/sell a bunch of those but I do plan to make a guide one of these days. I'm basically still waiting for my LE to arrive (what's the bug you found?), and generally hoping to fit the larger 128x128 screen into the stock cabinet, making the Target model kind of irrelevant (besides the cool joystick). We'll see. It's supposed to ship next week. Maybe Eli will have his attract mode finished around the same timeframe?...

I finally got the initial version of the grid bugs into the IO Tower game, so that was the last really big thing that was totally missing. I probably won't be totally done this week, but most pieces are starting to look pretty good.

I've contacted a couple other RGP people who volunteered to work on fitting and have their machines, so hopefully we can get some good work going on the Stern cabinets next week.
07-23-2011, 01:08 PM
Lots of minor issues:
The big one with the software:
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.games...d&lnk=ol&#

Others
Chrome trim not done right.
Rubber disc flyes off
Lamp boards going crazy
Moving recognizer not going side to side properly.
Stern is supposed to send me a new chrome trim piece and my rubber disc flew off last night. The 3bank target is the big issue in my mind.
07-24-2011, 03:46 AM
By the way, the Stern arcade cab looks awefull on my pin. I had a few guys over the other day and they said it was the most distgusting pos he had ever seen on a pin. The edges are not even painted black, look like they got real lazy.
I will be swapping it out with the Target cab at some point and I don't even care if I get an uOLED in there.
The factory one looks like shit and has to go.
07-24-2011, 07:38 AM (This post was last modified: 07-24-2011 08:35 AM by Tilt.)
Would some homebrew decals and a sharpie help?
07-24-2011, 09:52 AM
"You can't polish a turd Beavis."