Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How to change Banzai Run sounds
08-09-2011, 11:21 AM
How to change Banzai Run sounds
Hello everybody
I'm really new to rom hacking, And I'm still at the stage of understanding how it works.
My goal is to be able to change the sound made by my Banzai run Machine when you hit one of the target for the other racers (the 9 target (3 blue, 3 yelloe, 3 red) and the 3 green lane)
On the original rom, when you hit one of those target, it sounrds like you miss your shot.
I want to change that sound for something more like when you hit a target on the firepower machine.

But I dont know where the script begin in Assembler when you hit a target, and where is the sound on the roms sound etc.

So I'm kind of a newby for this.
I got Some help from Mr Scott Charles.
But he suggest me to post here, he told me that you guys could be able to help me.

Thanks a lot.

Francis
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-09-2011, 01:40 PM
RE: How to change Banzai Run sounds
I've never messed with changing sounds on a PRE-WPC game, but maybe MRGLEE can weigh in with some advice...
08-10-2011, 10:21 AM
Sounds in this system do not work with ROM SAMPLES, but work with YM2151 Yamaha synthesizer.

May be you may change CPU ROM to point to another sound (already store in ROM sound), but very hard edit rom sound to modify and put new commands to YM2151, to create a new sound. You may download datasheet about YM2151, if need I may provide it, but its a very hard task create a new sound, this is an FM synthesizer with many commands.
08-10-2011, 10:27 AM (This post was last modified: 08-10-2011 10:35 AM by Francis.)
thanks for the answer mr Planeta999, What I want to do is simply to change the CPU ROM to point to another sound (not record another one) I'm working on the procedure that TIlt showed in the thread about changing the sound of the shadow.

I'm still doing some test with pinmame and the sound test. The sound I want to change seems to be the 004e and I want to change it for something else like the 000d.

So thats where I am right now

I think the pointers that I need to change are only found int the BANZ_U27.l3 roms, am I right?

thanks everybody
I really like that forum, since I'm looking for this kind of information for a long time
08-10-2011, 05:53 PM
Well, I tried to change all the 004e for 000d in the rom BANZ_U27.l3 and it didnt change the sound at all.
Mmm this is not gonna be easy as I figured!
08-11-2011, 05:31 AM
Pinmame Debug may help you.
08-11-2011, 10:31 AM
thanks Mr Planeta999

I hope you will excuse my lack of knowledge, but I check all over the net and I did'nt find the method for using the pinmame debugger
:-(
I'm not even sure if I got the right pinmame debugger!
08-11-2011, 04:31 PM (This post was last modified: 08-11-2011 04:33 PM by planeta9999.)
Download:
http://www.maddes.net/files/pinball/PinM...EDebug.zip

Usage from a DOS window:
pinmame_vc60md c:\ROM_name -debug

Example for AFM pinball:
pinmame_vc60md c:\afm_10 -debug

In this example, files are stored in C:\
In your computer, select hard disk and directory where stored.
08-11-2011, 06:56 PM
Thanks a lot
It was so simple.

The debugger is really cool, I think I will be able to work a for a while with that
thanks.
08-16-2011, 06:39 AM
Hello,
I worked with the Debugger,
but when I start it and I run through the code step by step, It seems like its in a loop, and it didnt get out of there.
I can't go to the point where the macchine is ready to take coin and start
And when I execute it I can't stop the code while running
Is there a particular easily line where I can put a break point, once the machine as done the initial test, and see what happening?

Thanks again for your help