Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How to change Banzai Run sounds
09-23-2011, 07:12 AM (This post was last modified: 09-23-2011 07:55 AM by Francis.)
RE: How to change Banzai Run sounds
Hello Ralph
Yes when I do
".use the "RP X $xxxx" to poke around to find where it's loading the values.
$xxxx is one of the switch values I put in the table "

It do stop at the right spot,
For the bopbumper it stop twice.

Im 'not sure I understand the X register and the S register correctly

I'm also not sure of the signification of
pshB

Also, I'm trying to find where the score is kept in memory, and where the command to change the lighten lamp are stored in memory
any luck someone know where it is or how to find it?

thanks
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-29-2011, 10:30 AM (This post was last modified: 09-29-2011 10:32 AM by Francis.)
Find some thing interesting about the memory adress (with My comparer) I'm not sure of everything. But here are some thing I figured out.
High score name (FGA etc.) are kept at:
$0713 to $071E

Custom message are kept at:
$07B5 to $07DA

The score for each player are kept at:
$0200 to $020F

The lamp lighted (at least the one that are diplayed ont the playfield (its all the same $ for each player, and we can't change them manually in pinmame) So I guess that what each player as acomplished is stored elsewhere.
They are lighted folowing each bit from $003E to $0045
They seem to follow the switch matrix from what I know but I dont know exactly what those value are

[Image: adress10.jpg]

The coin seems to be kept at $020D but when you start a fourth player that value change for the score ??

What I'm trying to do with banzai run roms now, is to add a feature that clear the target lamp stored in memory on each balls, and another to clear the lap done on each ball (there is this kind of setting in all older games, )

regards

For the picture above,
for example on adress $0043, if the value is D7 then the lighted or swithed value are Right 1 lap, left 1 lap, blue, race red hot.
09-29-2011, 11:57 AM (This post was last modified: 09-29-2011 11:59 AM by Francis.)
For the adress shown in the picture above, They are related to the switch that are triggered.
For the lamp they are stored in the adress $0010 to ? following what shown in the picture below (see the binary code)

[Image: lampli10.jpg]

the lamp matrix in BR can be usefull to understand

[Image: br_low10.jpg]
09-30-2011, 06:00 AM
The lamp lighted (at least the one that are diplayed ont the playfield (its all the same $ for each player, and we can't change them manually in pinmame) So I guess that what each player as acomplished is stored elsewhere.
---
Yes, player status does get stored somewhere else, if you disassemble the outhole routines you should be able to find it, or look in the initialization routines to see where it 'sets up' each player. Best thing to do is probably modify the lamps you want out before it copies them up. Also, the status of certain things on system 11 each player has a status byte for various things (like miles on earthshaker) - usually in the $100-$1ff range.

---
They are lighted following each bit from $003E to $0045
They seem to follow the switch matrix from what I know but I dont know exactly what those value are
-----

The lamp matrix in system 11 (and earlier games, system 7 and probably 6, too) is set up using a "flag" system - each flag represents a bit in a byte somewhere. The first part of the flags turns out to follow the lamp matrix, if you start in the upper left corner of the lamp matrix that's flag 0, go down 1-2-3-4-5-6-7, col 2 is flag 8-9-a-b-c-d-e-f. Col 3 flag 10-11-12-etc. Once you get through the whole matrix, the flags continue on. Some of them are for a "shadow" lamp matrix which is used for blinking of lamps, but often the flags are used to track status on the playfield for that ball.
10-30-2011, 04:47 AM
You are absolutly right Ralph. Lamp are stored somewhere esle on the Banzai Run. I almost finished modifying the rom, to have a setup of "No Memory" . I think the most difficult part was to find space for the new code right now.
So I cancell some of the text display when you do the test of lamps for example, and replace it with new routine. When I finished this , I will post a thread of what I learn for the SYS 11.

Francis
09-18-2015, 11:42 AM
(09-18-2011 08:27 PM)RalphButler Wrote:  checksum routine follows

FA28: B6 C0 67 lda $C067 ;$0c - # of blocks to checksum
FA2B: 97 82 sta $82
FA2D: CE FF FF ldx #$FFFF ;start location
FA30: DF 80 stx $80
FA32: 7A 00 82 dec $0082
FA35: 2A 03 bpl $FA3A ;did not go negative (00->FF), go checksum that block
FA37: 7E C5 71 jmp $C571 ;done calculating checksum

;checksum calculation
FA3A: 96 80 lda $80
FA3C: 80 10 suba #$10 ;setup next block to checksum next time through
FA3E: 97 80 sta $80
FA40: 4F clra
FA41: A9 00 adca (x+$00) ;x is holding block start
FA43: 09 dex
FA44: 9C 80 cmpx $80
FA46: 26 F9 bne $FA41
FA48: 81 80 cmpa #$80 ;checksums sum to #$80
FA4A: 27 E4 beq $FA30 ;checksum for this section ok, continue with next block

FA4C: C6 0A ldb #$0A ;checksum failure

Wanted to say thanks, really learned a lot reading this thread!

Hoping I can resurrect this thread for a different system 11 game...
I have been looking for the checksum routine in the Rollergames L2 rom and striking out. I can find the C6 0A all over, but there is no 27 (beq) any where near it. Assuming it is a different routine for Rollergames? I have also looked for the checksum pattern noted above of B6 xx xx 97 xx CE xx xx without any luck either, so not sure what to try next. Any pointers/suggestions would be appreciated!